Thursday, July 10, 2008

My first taste

of a 29er, riding the Kman's Salsa El Mariachi around Glenrock yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised I must say, I don't know if it was just the buzz of riding a singlespeed again, or the big wheels rolling so well, the rigid fork transmitting the trail to me, or what, but it was a blast. I felt I could push it into corners with confidence, and even in tight, twisty singletrack through close-together trees, it still felt nimble and responsive.This thing would rock with a Fox F29 fork on it, I think it would just fly through rough stuff. Although the rigid fork does look way cool, as does the Salsa CrMo stem.

7 comments:

refreshinglyfatarse said...

Nice. I got one of those in my sights. Another month, and I'm putting in an order.

Is that a medium??

DMC said...

the maverick sc32 is the way to go... i love mine and the ride is fly!!

brettok said...

it's a large.

refreshinglyfatarse said...

How tall are you Brett?? My research tells me that a medium is the right size for me. I'm just shy of 6 foot, 32"inseam,

I've spotted a 2007 large cheap but a bit afraid it might be to big.

brettok said...

I'm 6'.... long legs n arms though.

brettok said...

Man I've seen you riding a medium NRS with 3 feet of seat post sticking out, I think the large would be ok for you.

refreshinglyfatarse said...

Yep, that frame was a little small. I fit in right in between medium and large. Long arms, long legs, short torso.

looking at the TT of the el mar, I think i need a medium. Check out farkin in the complete bikes section. a guy in Canberra is selling a 07 el mar for $1200. I'd love to buy it but its to big for me.