Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The bikes of Wellycats 2

The second installment of Wellycats was run tonight, on short notice and with a small but enthusiastic turnout. The concept was a little different too, with the first checkpoint at one of four choices, all gyms where we had to locate Jim. From there you would be pointed to the next check, and so on. Chris the courier used his streetwise-ness to full effect and took the win, five minutes(!) ahead of yours truly, taking a sprint-of-sorts from damn-I-can't-remember-his-name-Giant-rep. Once again my navigational skills (or lack thereof) let me down, when at the third check and with Chris just leaving, I thought I'd take a shortcut and not follow the courier, thinking in my head "Tinakori Rd" instead of the actual "The Terrace" which I'd been instructed. Lesson; always follow the courier. Second bad decision; I was going to zip-tie my camera to my bars and get some pics and video, but gave it to Mark instead, who was marshalling and took ZERO pics.

Here are some of the weird and wonderful steeds on show.

Paul's (the mastermind behind Wellycats) On-One.

The young fella who's name escapes me's Pinarello, with Chorus goodies... nice.

Jim's Cotic simple... does everything that machine.

Chris the courier's winning piece of cobbled together crap! Just proves that it's not really about the bike at all...

Kah's thing...not sure what is going on there!

More Kah-razyness.

Damn-I-can't-remember-his-name-Giant-rep's Giant TCR, lookin pretty good (for a Giant!).

And my trusty Langster, which copped a good rogering down two flights of stairs at Parliament.

No comments: